Monday, May 2, 2011

Since you have last checked on me, some interesting things have happened...


Those of you who have noticed my absence from the blistering Texas heat will be happy to know that i didn't get abducted, I am staying the summer here in New York. I am a summer RA in my space for next fall.

I have an internship this summer working for a show called superjail on cartoon network, at a studio called Titmouse.

I got into Wallabout film festival for my first semester animation final. It was really exciting to be next to a host of amazing films from all over the world.

I won for a student leadership award for quiet influence from Pratt (quiet assumedly meaning subtle not literally quiet).

A Pratt magazine called the gateway, which is sent out to tens of thousands of readers, has chosen me as their student spotlight for the June issue.

This summer has yielded relaxation with friends, trips to flee markets, and plans for road trips in and around the NYC area.

I apologize for the brevity of this message, but I haven't been in the mood for descriptive writing lately, which is why it took me so long to write another post. Just wanted to keep all of you who care about me informed on the goings on in my life.

Here are some pictures from lately:


Over spring break, some friends came to visit...this is us at the Metropolitan Museum of art



Here are me and three of my friends, we walked around campus like this, and got a surprisingly amount of confused stares considering all the things that go down at art school.



My friend Lauren from Frisco High went to college in NYC too, and she wanted to go to the top of the empire state before she moved to California.








Hopefully my creative spark for describing my life will return. For now all my creative energy is being poured into exhaustive research for a sumer animation I am planning.
With love from New York,
-Cody

1 comment:

  1. That second picture should be titled, "Mount Nerdmore." It looks like your creative energy is still sparking. Keep us posted on your animation project.

    Just completed a "Shattered Dreams" production for FHS. We are all exhausted. Graduation is Saturday, June 4th. They were sophomores when you graduated.

    ReplyDelete